Here’s a great piece on how to freshen up your resume for today’s job market.
I see a few key takeaways:
- “White space” makes a resume readable. Don’t cram it with words; leave a bit of room for each section to breathe on the page.
2. Get rid of your mailing address. Instead, include email address, phone number and LinkedIn link.
3. Use a mix of story-driven paragraphs and short lists of bullet points.
4. Use the paragraphs to highlight specific, measurable achievements wherever possible.
5. Don’t include any professional experience that doesn’t in any way relate to the work you’re trying to get. On the same topic, delete professional experience that’s old and stale.
Anyone got any other good resume tips? Feel free to comment.